In order to prevent the spread of new Coronavirus seafarers qualification examination process is stopped
In order to prevent the spread of new coronavirus, Maritime transport agency with Inter-Agency Coordination Council led by the Prime Minister of Georgia is working in an intensive manner by taking into account the current situation in the country, to take additional measures:
- Stops the qualification examination process (testing / interview) for 2 weeks from March 23.
- The Certificate of Qualification will be issued during the same period with the support of Georgian Post, applications will be received by email.
- Exceptions will only be for seafarers whose seagoing is planned within these 2 weeks.
Send us an address where you would like to receive certificates:
Use the phone number for consultation:
- (+995) 599 293 746
- (0422) 27 49 25 (Use this number from 09:00 to 18:00)
Follow the instructions to send your application electronically:
- Download the application form, available on the Agencys web site: mta.gov.ge
- Fill in the sample application form and indicate the address where the finished certificate will be sent
- Fill out the invoice form on the agencys website and pay the subscription invoice accordingly
- Send Submit completed application and receipt by email
Maritime Transport Agency of Georgia will grant extension for the validity of certificates who are currently serving onboard
24 Mar, 2020
- Georgian Seafarers who are currently serving onboard ships Maritime Transport Agency of Georgia will grant extension for the validity of certificates for a period not exceeding three months.